These Tofu Lettuce Wraps are an easy weeknight dinner and an instant hit with the kids. I mean, what kid doesn’t like to eat with their hands?!!
Serve the filling and lettuce leaves family style and let the family go to town making wraps and stuffing their faces 🙂
Got a busy week and can’t even spare the 20ish minutes to get the filling made? Batch cook it on the weekend.
I serve these alongside veggie potstickers (frozen from Trader Joe’s) or vegan egg rolls. My kids love rice so a steaming bowl typically makes an appearance too.
Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 16 ounces Trader Joe's Organic Tofu Super Firm minced
- 2 celery ribs minced
- 2 small carrots (or 1 large) minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely minced or grated
- 8 ounce can of water chestnuts drained and minced
- lettuce leaves (such as romaine, Bibb, or iceberg) for serving
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup shoyu (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 6 green onions (white and green parts) finely sliced and minced
Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan.
Add all vegetables except the green onions, the ginger and garlic. Cook 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add tofu, shoyu and rice vinegar. Cook 10 more minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the green onions.
Serve with lettuce leaves.
These Tofu Lettuce Wraps also make a great appetizer for a destination Asian meal. Enjoy!