A bounty of asparagus landed in my lap, along with a big, beautiful watermelon radish in my Imperfect Produce box…and this salad was born. With all the crunchy, bright vegetables, it sings Spring to me!
Layers of veggies are tossed with a simple red wine vinaigrette and topped with a sprinkle of the delectable Kite Hill Ricotta cheese.
Simple, fresh and delicious. It makes a great side dish to grilled tofu but would also make a great addition to an Easter or Passover menu.
Chopped Asparagus Chickpea Salad
- 2 bunches asparagus trimmed
- 1 watermelon radish chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Kite Hill ricotta crumbled
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Insert the asparagus and blanch for 3 minutes.
2. Remove the asparagus from the boiling water and transfer to an ice bath immediately.
3. Chop the asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
4. Combine the asparagus, chickpeas and olives with the rest of the vegetables.
5. Whisk the vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice together. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
6. Sprinkle the ricotta on top. Serve immediately.