I served this vegan beef lasagna at a family event recently. Everyone LOVED it. Even the kids! Just goes to show that you don’t need meat or dairy to create a delicious lasagna. 🙂
I used gluten-free noodles because I’m lazy and hate boiling noodles (and with DeBole’s, you don’t have to boil them!). I also used Kite Hill Ricotta for the filling – a must for this recipe, in my opinion. For the vegan “beef”, I used the Trader Joe’s meatless “ground beef.” I have also used Beyond Meat’s Beefy Crumbles with equally delicious results!
Vegan Beef Lasagna
1 package no-boil lasagna noodles
2 28-ounce cans marinara sauce
For the filling:
1 package meatless ground “beef”
1 package Kite Hill Ricotta
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Italian herbs seasoning blend
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
2 cups cashews
2 cups vegetable broth
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 nutritional yeast
Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until translucent. Stir in the vegan beef and seasonings.
- Add in the ricotta, crumbling it into the pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, Remove from the heat.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sauce across the bottom of a lasagna pan or casserole dish. Spread it to cover the bottom surface of the pan thoroughly.
- Place 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce to cover as much surface of the pan as possible.
- Spread 1/3 of the filling on top of the noodles and top with 1/3 of the remaining marinara sauce and 1 cup of the cream sauce.
- Repeat two more times so that there are three layers of noodles, finishing with the cream sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.