Can you believe I never made a Sloppy Joe until last month when I was experimenting with Beyond Meat’s Beyond Burger?
My kids loved them. In fact, Jake loved them so much that he told me he’d eat a Beyond Burger the next time we made hamburgers. I’ve been trying to get Jake to replace his hamburger with a Beyond Burger forever.
He finally did after these Sloppy Joes and I’m grinning ear to ear. Major vegan mama win!
Vegan Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 packages Beyond Meat Beyond Burger
- 2 cups baked beans
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 4 vegan hamburger buns
- BBQ sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saute pan and add the onion. Cook until golden brown.
- Crumble the Beyond Meat Beyond Burger in the pan. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until the “meat” is brown.
- Stir in 2 cups of vegetarian baked beans. Continue cooking 5-7 minutes until heated through.
- Add in the BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Taste and add more sauce as desired.
- To serve, slice the hamburger buns in half and spread BBQ sauce on each slice. Top with a heaping ladle of Sloppy Joe filling.