I love my slow cooker. It makes cooking so easy – just pour all the ingredients into the pot in the morning and have a home cooked meal in the evening without any work or fuss. I like to break out my crock pot on those days when I have back-to-back commitments all day, and am running my kids to and from activities. This chili is a favorite in my slow cooker. Almost all of the ingredients are from my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe’s, and spiced spiced up with some of my favorites Penzey’s Spices seasonings.
Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
- 1 can kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes with green chiles (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 jar , roasted garlic Chipotle salsa (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 15 oz package fire roasted frozen corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Adobo seasoning (Penzey’s Spices)
- 1 teaspoon Chili 9000 seasoning (Penzey’s Spices)
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
Top with vegan sour cream, cream cheese (I love Go Veggie!) or cheese shreds. Serve over polenta slices (optional).