I love, love, love Sunday brunch! Unfortunately, as a mother of three active kids with weekend games and religious school, I rarely have the opportunity to indulge in it. An eggless frittata is one of my favorite ways to get my brunch on! Tofu stands in for the eggs in this dish with the same substantial texture and protein power. Artichoke hearts, asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes add delicious flavor and color to this festive breakfast frittata. I hope you enjoy it!
Vegan Artichoke, Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- 1 medium sweet onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 12 ounces asparagus , tips cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water , coarsely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 14 oz block of firm tofu , drained
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a spring pan.
Heat the broth in a medium sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic. Stir in the
asparagus, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
In a food processor, add the tofu, water, and yeast. Blend until smooth. Stir into the
saucepan with the vegetables.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the mixture into a spring pan. Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve.