I find the simplest recipes are usually the most delicious. Just a few quality ingredients and some fresh herbs. That’s really all you need to make delicious food. These herb roasted potatoes are just that. They are hearty and filling, but with just a drizzle of olive oil, they aren’t greasy or fattening.
I sprinkle rosemary and thyme over the potatoes and butternut squash, but sage would also taste delicious. I use garlic powder in addition to fresh garlic because I like these garlicky! You could also use a lemon pepper to change things up. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley for a pretty presentation. Have fun with these and make them your own!
Herb Roasted Potatoes & Butternut Squash
- 2 sweet potatoes , peeled and cubed
- 1 package peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 Russet potatoes or 4 Yukon gold potatoes , peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme , finely chopped
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Place the potatoes and butternut squash on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Roast at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.